One thing I’ve wanted to do for ages is make more exploded lace – patterns originally intended for tiny hooks and thread made with large hooks and heavier weights of yarn. In early March, using some of yarn from the Massachusetts windfall, I made a throw rug for our bedroom, which has needed one ever since we moved back and realized we’d thrown our old one away.
I haven’t blocked it yet, but frankly, I don’t think it matters a lot. It might lie a bit flatter around the edges, but it gets stepped on every day and rumpled anyway.
It’s soft, pretty, and serves its purpose as a throw rug filling up a bare space on the floor perfectly, so I’m pleased with the experiment!